Monday, December 12, 2011

christmas decor around our home

         Decked out for the holidays...here are a few areas you haven't seen.

living room ~ coffee table

I fill this large decorative bowl with gold and silver bells.
  I love fresh flowers, a nearby florist, (Veldkamps) has a daily happy hour
 from 3-6, single stems are half price!
 Last week before my Christmas party I spent a whopping $5 for this and a small one for the bathroom.  I added the berries from my yard.  


~  nativity scene  ~


~  bench with Santa  ~


~  dining room  ~


~  corner of dining room  ~

A pair of urns on pedastals flank our french doors, they're decorated 
with branches from our yard, painted white and berries wired onto them.


~  our tree  ~

some favorite ornaments
a saxaphone for mr. simple,  joy to the world


ornaments from special friends, and
an ice skate, a favorite winter activity on Evergreen Lake


memories of a trip to paris


before  ~

mr. simple had to replace all of the lights on the 'pre-lit' tree


after  ~

all decorated and guess what...


Hope your season is Merry & Bright!!!



11 comments:

Carly {a simple affair} said...

Such a cozy yet festive home! I love how you use so much from your own yard. And why can't every store have a happy hour? That would be oh so lovely!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Everything looks so beautiful Pam! I love the urns with the branches and berries and your tree is gorgeous!! Let's just say I LOVE IT ALL!! Martina

Holly Gruszka said...

Oh so pretty! Isn't it neat to have the ornaments that have special meaning and take you back? And a floral happy hour! Wow, that is a neat concept. I'll have to check around here to see if any places do that. I really love the selection that our Whole Foods has but it's not cheap.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

It is all pretty and my favorite thing is the branches in the urn.

Dana Frieling said...

Oh no! Isn't that typical?! Your nativity scene is my favorite. The painting behind it is wonderful, too!

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

Your nativity looks beautiful in front of your abstract painting and that is amazing that you wired berries onto the branches in the dining room. Your house looks like it is all ready for the holidays!

Lori said...

All so pretty. I love your nativity scene and want to copy your urn with berries. Thanks for the happy hour tip. I have never heard about that.

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Aren't light problems just the WORST?? Drives me crazy! Last year I bought one of those "seen on TV" gadgets, the Light Keeper Pro. It looks like a gun and they carry it at Target. That thing is awesome! It magically fixes lights that aren't working! Worth every penny, but if you want to wait it will be half off after Christmas.

All of your Christmas touches are beautiful. Love the branches, I've never thought to wire berries to them. I usually depend on a friend to bring me winterberry branches, but haven't had any this year and I'm missing them! The fresh flowers are such a pretty touch, too.

A Vintage Vine said...

Love the house tour! I can't believe he had to replace all those lights on your prelit tree...It sure is beautiful! The Nativity is gorgeous and goes so well on that table, thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks in favor of sharing such a pleasant idea, paragraph is good, thats why i have read it entirely

Here is my blog post lose weight with quantrim

keith said...

this is great learn how to solve Canon Printer Error Code 1007 and canon printer error 1007

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover