Tuesday, December 13, 2011

signature style gift wrap

Do you have a signature style gift wrap?

I have a style for gifts I send to out-of-town family,
since there are kiddos and we don't do adult gifts,
my goal is a 'WOW' factor when the box is opened!



I start with a color scheme and use coordinating papers and ribbon to keep everything cohesive. This year the trendy red and aqua looked fun & festive! 
Costco has great ribbon ~ 50 yd. spools for around $7.



I look for gifts that coordinate, too.
I found this fudge brownie mix in a pot holder,
perfect for little chefs in training.



Even though we don't exchange gifts, I like to include something
fun for the stylish mom!
A Christmas frame (with personalized message)
and monogrammed ornament.

In the first photo were treats for Dad,
Mrs. Field's Snickerdoodles and Junior Mints in Peppermint Crunch,
to get him through the day!


I always tie an ornament onto the kids packages,
both of these coordinated nicely with the wrap.


I love to send a HUGE box, is there anything more fun than the UPS
truck pulling up to your door with a BIG package? 
I print labels on my computer and add a hand drawn touch.
(They can be very festive if you remember to get ink!)  

     
Here's another example of 'signature style' wrap...

My friend always creates a gorgeous presentation using clear cellophane wrap, and beautifully coordinates the ribbon/embellishment with the color of her gifts!


Candle, note cards and fur -trimmed oven mitt!

   

Do you have a signature style?
Want one?
After Christmas sales are a great time to pick up wrap & ribbon,
 and you're on your way! 

10 comments:

Carly {a simple affair} said...

Yes, I want one! That's my goal for this year. I get to head back home late Thursday night and will begin wrapping right away Friday. We'll see how it goes. May have to make a trip to my second home Costco after reading this post. Why I never thought to print fun labels to ship packages is beyond me, but I love that idea as well! I would be beyond delighted to receive that package at my front door!

Lori said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing more of your festive ideas, and just in time!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

You are so right....how exciting to receive YOUR big UPS package. Very fun.

Dana Frieling said...

I bet the recipients are giddy when they receive your box! Wonder if others have noticed your signature style and seek out your gifts at gift exchanges? I would!

Holly Gruszka said...

We don't have any family to send gifts to in the mail, but I can only imagine their faces when they open up that box - how fun!! I love your color scheme. I always try to coordinate wrappings for each person so that keeps me organized. Sheila will get her own wrappings. My family will get their own wrapping and then my husbands family will have their own. It sounds crazy but it works for me. I love the after Christmas sales - that's the best time to stock up for next year.

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

Your packages are stunning and creative. I'm sure there are squeals of delight when those packages are opened!

A Vintage Vine said...

Love this post! It gives me ideas....My wrapping department needs work! My kids are even surprised when I add a bow, haha! However, this year I have being making an effort...I have coordinated paper and bows, PROGRESS! Now I have more ideas, thanks to you!

erica said...

Oh my word I LOVE how you wrap your gifts! They all look absolutely stunning! I wish I had those wrapping skills especially the bow skills! I am your newest follower! xo

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Perfection! Love the color scheme and that red and white polka dot is one of my favorites to use, too. I always gather it up Christmas morning to use it again! Want to wrap my gifts, too? :-)

keith said...

this is great learn how to solve Canon Printer Error Code 1007 and canon printer error 1007

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover