Friday, June 12, 2015

our summer home tour ~ 2015


Welcome and thanks so much for stopping by!
I'm thrilled to be part of the 2015 Summer Home Tour hosted by 
Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life ~ a BIG thank you to Marty for all her work organizing
 30 bloggers to share our homes all week!
If you're stopping by from Jennifer's @ Dimples and Tangles thank you, she has a way
with color and always creates the most cheerful, vibrant home! 

If you're new here I live in Denver with Mr. Simple, our son and fur babies in a
 little cottage built in 1938. One of my favorite things about our large lot and the gardens
 are the abundance of flowers always in bloom, I love bringing them inside for summer!   


Our front flagstone patio is a favorite spot for taking a quick break, 
we like to chill and entertain on our back deck.  



First up, our living room ~ if you're a regular around here you know I love the challenge
 of mixing Craigslist and thrifting finds into our decor to create a collected style.
Pillows are hands down my favorite accessory for changing up our home, I chose
 this fun combination to coordinate with a recent score!    


These vintage wingback chairs were a steal and a bit of a diversion
from my usual neutral background, but they fit perfectly in our bay window,
so I went for it hoping I'd be able to come up with a way to coordinate the 
rest of our rooms with the coral and green. I had no idea how much I'd love the
fresh bright look for summer! 




I use all of our plants ~ hosta leaves, branches from trees and shrubs, anything!


This oversized mirror was another fun find!


 I recently decided to change up our dining room, and started by giving my hutch,
formerly Annie Sloan Gray Linen, a new look in high gloss white and changed out 
the hardware. Check it out here, I bet you won't recognize it. :) 
(Rustoleum Protective Enamel is my go to paint for high gloss - more details to come about the update.)   


For summer I reupholstered my chair seats for in a fun bright to compliment the
 living room. I'm still tweaking the dining room, I'm not 100% sure of  the ginger jars,
I may have gone overboard, and the mirror was one I moved from another room,
and the jury is still out. :)




Our floor plan is very open and although I don't like matchy, I do like the rooms to flow,
 new summer pillows bringing in coral and green were a simple refresh for our family
 room. Never underestimate the bargain solids at Ikea, and of course, Homegoods!


To give our bookcases a lighter look I turned all the books around - super easy!
I brought out a collection of white vases for the vignette on our coffee table.  


I had some leftover watercolors I made for my nephew's wedding last summer
and framed one to add interest to our bookcase.  


 On to the kitchen ~ the chalkboard got our traditional Summer Bucket List,
and surprise, more flowers! Columbines are our state flower.



I put together a new vignette for the counter using more white pottery and a hob nail
 vase. I love bringing herbs in to display in the kitchen.  


We're still loving our painted tile, cabinets, chandeliers, DIY hood, and formica island (gasp!).
 You can see our complete kitchen update here.  


Thanks so much for stopping by our tour, I hope you have the BEST summer!! 
If you'd like to keep up with the never ending projects around our little cottage you can
follow along on: 

Next up on the tour is Kim from Tidbits and Twine, I can't wait to see her
gorgeous home decked out for summer! 

    


41 comments:

Dana Frieling said...

It seems like you've made a million changes! I wouldn't have thought it could get much better, but it totally did. Your color palette is so refreshing and vibrant without being 'in your face.' Love how you've styled your bookcases! Simply gorgeous, friend.

Cassie Bustamante said...

your home is gorgeous, pam! i love those craigslist chairs and the mirror, and LOVE the updated dining piece. it's gorgeous in glossy white!

Noelle said...

Your home is beautiful!!! I love the ginger jars in the dining room, stunning! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Simply stunning! Everything is styled to perfection. I'm amazed how you give a craigslist find (your hutch) a transformation and then nine lives after that! It is beautiful in white and I love the hardware. Your home is gorgeous and magazine worthy!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Your house is magnificent! I love every one of your thoughtful touches. Enjoy your weekend in your beautiful home.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Your coral and green accents are so pretty this year Pam! I love the dining room changes (even though I did love the grey hutch too! - the white looks so pretty!) and all your flowers and greenery everywhere. I think it's time for a big party!!!

Unknown said...

So pretty! Your color scheme is perfect for summer. I LOVE all the blue in your dining room. It looks beautiful to me. :)

Kathy Olson said...

Oh, how i LOVE your style!!
My eye is always drawn to your lamps throughout the rooms with the black shades. It just adds a certain something.
You do an amazing job!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Always love your house, Pam! I've been itching to change up my grey hutch too and now you've got me thinking white is the ticket! Everything looks gorgeous!

Julia@Cuckoo4Design said...

So pretty! Just adore your home and sleeping kitties melt my heart, you know me.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Pan, I totally adore your home and your style. I keep thinking each room is my favorite, you always create the most inviting, warm and interesting spaces. Love the coral and green, perfect.

Unknown said...

You are amazing at mixing styles and prints! I love all the pillows so much, beautiful Pam! ~Sonya

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Pam LOVED getting a summer tour of your beautiful home!! I kept scrolling up and down for a second look!! That first photo of your living room belongs in a magazine!!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Incredible, incredible..that is all I can say. I marvel at your Craig's List finds and how you so beautifully incorporate them into your home....I love the reflections in the mirrors....that huge mirror has got to be one of my favs of your CL finds...what an amazing piece...Thanks for the tour Pam!

Simply LKJ said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pam! I love your blog title, but girlfriend...your eye for detail is way more than simple!!

Cristina Garay said...

I love the way you took the colors from the chairs and made them work so nicely in your home! I love your style, your beautiful home shows your work around it!

Unknown said...

Your house blows me away EVERY TIME I see it. It is just amazing! And can we talk about that dining room buffet? It turned out so, so amazing - you must be thrilled with it!!

My Little Bungalow said...

Pam, thank you for the wonderful tour. I love your house. It's so eclectic and personal. I don't recall seeing your kitchen before, so that was fun. I'll have to check out the previous posts, especially the painted tile. Hey, what's up with "pole vaulting" on your summer bucket list? Do explain!
Claudia

cindy hattersley design said...

Always love seeing your beautiful home. You have such a way of jazzing up those craigs list finds!!

Kristin@bliss-athome.com said...

So lovely Pam. I always love it when you show outside shots of your home too :) I love the classic details and your landscaping is amazing :) Fun to be on a tour with you! Happy Summer! xo

Connie said...

Simply stunning! Your home is magazine worthy. I love those wing back chairs and the pretty colors you have pulled from them. Your green chair covers are beautiful with your blue and white collection.

LostRoses said...

Your house is beautiful and you are so funny. Thanks for the morning chuckle and prettiness!

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

OK PAM!!!! You win!!! I don't know of anyone who can transform, recreate or re-purpose furniture as well as you!!! I thought I was pretty clever, but you are so, so much better. I love what you are doing and I am looking forward to the reveals. I do love the green buffet and hope it looks as lovely in the guest room. I have noticed a few others are repainting all the Annie Sloane pieces that were the rage a few years ago.
xo
Patty........The floor mirror is truly a keeper....love it

Calypso In The Country said...

Your home is truly beautiful! So many pretty details - and such cute fur babies! Enjoy your weekend!
Shelley

meme76 said...

Your home is simply Gorgeous! I love every single detail.

Decor To Adore said...

I have come to you via another home on Marty's tour and your cottage is simply charming! I adore your mix of high and low. Perfection!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Beautiful, Pam! The inside is so pretty and what a charming exterior.
xx,
Sherry

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Your home is stunning!! I always love seeing all the little changes!! Seriously it's beautiful!!!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

What a fun tour! I die over your yard every time I see it, we have so much work to do! Super fun changes in the dining room, I can't wait your buffet makeover up close. And, your pretty kitchen styling has me wanting to go play around with mine! Love every bit!

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

This tour is beautiful! I always love looking at your home and always walk away inspired. :)

Brynne Delerson said...

I absolutely love your style! I could move right in, happily! :) Gorgeous things everywhere!

Dwellings by DeVore said...

Your house is so beautiful Pam! Your kitchen is still one of my favorites!

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

You already know that I love every detail of your house! I would never look at it and know that half of it was DIYed or rescued from Craigslist. You are so good and your house is so pretty! Happy summer!

Vel Criste said...

Everything is oh-so-perfect! I love all the gorgeous mirrors in your home, they are such statement pieces!

Unknown said...

Hi! Just loving your home! The landscaping is just gorgeous! Im a Colorado native and live in Fort collins:) Glad to have found you! Its nice to see other bloggers around town! Have a great day!
Brooke
onprairiehill.blogspot.com

MM said...

Are your window treatments white linen or silk? I am contemplating doing something simple like this in our home.

pam {simple details} said...

Hi Melinda! They're inexpensive IKEA Ritva panels, I love them and use them for clients often. I like to add pleats at the top and use clips vs shirring them on the rod to make them look more high end. Here is a link to them:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80063833/#/40111992

Amber Lyon Ferguson said...

Gorgeous inspiration!
Amber
https://followtheyellowbrickhome.com

ElijahBennet said...

Hello, i think that i saw you visited my weblog so i came to “return the favor”.I am attempting to find things to improve my website!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!deck handrail height

Tulsa rugs said...

Nice and interesting post,I appreciate your hard work,keep uploading more, Thank you for sharing valuable information kids rugs

James said...

Fabulous Article America Got Talent 2024 Auditions

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover