Wednesday, January 25, 2017

A Simple Rule for Mixing Table & Chair Styles

Hi friends, it just happens I'm helping four clients with kitchen nook spaces,
 and thought I'd pass along my simple rule for mixing table and chair styles to create
 my favorite eclectic look. I love the collected look juxtaposition gives a room. It's 
an easy formula to keep from having that matchy look designers steer clear of. 
 It works for a multitude of styles, and is all about contrast.


#1 ~ Contrasting Style
Choose furniture styles that contrast
French with modern, traditional with coastal, modern with rustic,
industrial with vintage, formal with casual, ornate with clean lines

     #2 ~ Contrasting Shape   
 Choose a table shape that contrasts with the chair shape
Round table with Square high back chairs
Rectangular table with Curved high back chairs
Rectangular table with Detailed chair backs
Round table with Geometric bamboo pattern

#3 ~ Contrasting Color & Texture
Choose colors, finishes and textures that contrast 
Add contrasting color in upholstery or paint,
smooth finish with textured rattan or metal,
distressed finish with lacquered 
  
Super simple ~ start with either your table or chairs and follow the contrast rules.
Here are a few favorite rooms to give you an idea how it works no matter your style.    


12 comments:

Mrs. Holmes said...

Some look more comfortable than others, but I love the look of all of them.

Crazy Wonderful said...

Love them all, but a fav is probably rustic/antique with sleek/modern 👌🏻

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

It's like you wrote this just for me. How did you know I have been hyper-analyzing my chairs and table situation as of late? Now I'm kind of thinking maybe they do work together after all....thank you for giving me some fresh perspective! XO

Anonymous said...

Always such great lessons from your rulebook. I especially love #1 and #4!

Calypso In The Country said...

Love them all but I could picture the Victoria Hagen or the Maison Decor Mag ones in my kitchen. So pretty!
Shelley

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Beautiful examples. I love mixing chairs and tables. I have done so in my dining room too. Love Rachel's kitchen/dining area!

Thehouseofhampton said...

I like all of them, however the Chinese Chippendale are always my favorite.
Sharon
The House of Hampton

Unknown said...

I should think that most chairs would match the table right? I mean, at the end of the day what matters the most is that there's somewhere to sit down right?

Unknown said...

I didn't think that there would be a science to how to coordinate your tables and chairs! I do think that it's good to have some spare seating in storage just in case you have guests over, and when you've got tired people in your living room, I don't think they'll mind as much what they're sitting on as long as there's something for them to plonk their bums down on!

Spam Leads said...

Hello Everyone !

USA SSN Leads/Dead Fullz available, along with Driving License/ID Number with good connectivity.

All SSN's are Tested & Verified.

**DETAILS IN LEADS/FULLZ**

->FULL NAME
->SSN
->DATE OF BIRTH
->DRIVING LICENSE NUMBER
->ADDRESS WITH ZIP
->PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL
->EMPLOYEE DETAILS

*Price for SSN lead $2
*You can ask for sample before any deal
*If you buy in bulk, will give you discount
*Sampling is just for serious buyers

->Hope for the long term business
->You can buy for your specific states too

**Contact 24/7**

Whatsapp > +923172721122

Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com

Telegram > @leadsupplier

ICQ > 752822040

jane holly said...

This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change
-funds recovery

Email: onlineghosthacker247@ gmail .com

Asuma Koeuko said...

Hello guys. Pnnsoft's commitment to user-centric personal iot software development services shines through on their website. The range of applications designed for personal use is not only diverse but also presented in a way that resonates with individuals. The clarity in communication and intuitive design make Pnnsoft an appealing choice for those looking to integrate IoT into their daily lives.

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment whether simple or detailed, it brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover